MY STORY

On January 20th 2010 I departed for my Colorado adventure. Final destination is Telluride, CO. My previous employer closed our Boston office on October 31, 2009 and this seemed to be the most opportune time to do something different. My inspirations are two things really. They are both movies. First is "Into the Wild", a movie about a person who leaves his life behind to pursue a life in the Alaskan wilderness and along the way he meets people that shape his life. The second movie is "The Bucket List", a movie about two terminally ill men who escape a cancer ward with a wish list of to-do's before they die. The #1 item on the wish list is "Witness something truly majestic". My adventures are not exactly similar to these movies, but underlying themes and life changing perspectives are. As far as the location, I thank my sister for that. She lived in the beautiful & remote town of Telluride for five years and met Paul there. Their 1997 wedding was in Telluride (Trout Lake). Telluride is nestled in the dramatic Rocky Mountains of Southwest Colorado.

BLOG 101

If you are new to blogs so am I. Here is an intro. The home page http://mycoloradoadventure.blogspot.com/ has all the posts (the write ups) in order and they work so that most recent is at top of the order. i.e. Day 1, my first post/write-up, is on the bottom page of all the posts/write-ups. On the left side of the blog site there is a "Blog Archive" section where you can navigate to pick and choose year, month and then specific daily posts/write-ups. I wanted to share this in the event you are new to blogs.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 28 - 2/16/10 - Telluride Mountain








"Assume nothing, pursue everything."
- Kevin Riper






Today is Tuesday February 16th 2010. I have been in Telluride for 11 days and this will be my first full day on the mountain. I have spent my first week and a half looking for jobs, meeting people and getting used to what Telluride has to offer. As far as the mountain, I've been on it a few days working for the ski races and therefore have only been able to get a few runs in. Until today.

Some of my days I spend writing and editing video. Other days, I feel I'm establishing a routine in a new town. Today, I felt like I was on top of the world. The music is this video is "Open Your Eyes" by the band Snow Patrol. I apologize about the low volume level of my voice. You may have to turn it up a little when I speak and then readjust with the music. Some of the runs I took required me to hike up in order to get down. It was exhausting...mostly due to the thin air. It was a great day on Telluride Mountain. Here is the video:


The quote of the day seems to sum up a better piece of my day and this video. When you are going up a lift and see an area off in the distance that you can only get to by hiking, you assume the experience of getting to it is hard, but rewarding. There is something gratifying about hiking up to places where a lift or some piece of machinery cannot get you to. You hike, you sweat and you work to get to where many others do not go. I came to Telluride to experience all that I can and pursue the ultimate rush. I came closer today.

2 comments:

  1. Nick! Amazing! Found your email about your blog in my spam folder - and glad I did. You are inspiring! Hope to catch up soon, Daviero

    ReplyDelete